When you volunteer for CASA, you give hope to a child who has been the victim of abuse or neglect. Become a volunteer Advocate, help with fundraising, work with others planning an event or volunteer in the office.
A CASA Volunteer must:
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Successfully pass screening and background check requirements.
- Visit their CASA child monthly and maintain monthly contact with your Casework Supervisor.
- Appear in Court to report to the Judge.
- Successfully complete initial training provided by the CASA of Deep East Texas program.
(30 hours of initial training plus 3 hours of courtroom observation & 12 hours of continuing education)
- Be able to make a 12-month minimum commitment to a case.
(An average of 5-10 hours per month)
- Be able to keep information confidential and work within established program guidelines.
To get started please click on the link to complete the application. Fax your completed application to 936-560-4701 or you can come by the office For more information about becoming a CASA Volunteer, please call 936-560-4711.